• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester, Where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester, Where?

Just had an e-mail from a pimp offering a role in Manchester, Staffordshire.

FFS...

Epic fail X4 group.

(disclaimer: I am tired; I may be a little tetchy and irascible and little things are likely set me off. But still, FFS. "Cretins" as one esteemed member would say.)

Connect44 (new(?) outfit, all bob sounding) advertised a role in Read, Lancashire once which is a tiny little village near where I live.

Needless to say I was all over it like a rash yet couldn't place where a PMO role would exist in a place where 'infrastructure' is a Post Office, Mechanics and Spar.

Found out it was READING FourFootsSake
    Permietractor (probably)

Comment

I got binned while sitting in the car park before I had even walked in for the interview due to a location failure like this, not quite as epic though to be fair.

Applied to two roles, totally different worded specs. One was an SI manager for bank in Manchester, the other was for a financial client in Cheshire. Turns out it was the bank in Cheshire. Got call for interview by second pimp while sitting in car park waiting to go in for interview from first pimp. Flurry of calls later had two furious pimps shouting at me because the client had enough of them calling him insisting they had first dibs and had binned me. Morons.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Happened to me as well. Bought a £86 train ticket, boarded the train, and then pimp called "I know this is frustrating, but the client has just moved the goalpost" ..
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
          Just had an e-mail from a pimp offering a role in Manchester, Staffordshire.
          They are in the process of renaming Birmingham International Airport "London, Birmingham" (seriously), so this is perfectly acceptable, unfortunately.

Not to mention lots of "Birmingham, Greater London" on Technoyobs.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            They are in the process of renaming Birmingham International Airport "London, Birmingham" (seriously), so this is perfectly acceptable, unfortunately.
            I'm struggling to find evidence of that in any credible news source. Maybe you can help me.

Comment

I had a .Net role offered in London, they didn't mention the client site was actually in Glasgow where you'd be expected to be onsite

In fact current contract, I'd be at the client before but a new contract came through with a new client site listed in a different location.

The agent couldn't confirm where I was working, so having phones the client they told me it's the same old site and that the agents were muppets. A bit awkward when you need to book a hotel in advance....
              Last edited by amcdonald; 9 August 2013, 14:11.
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

it may not be as wrong as you think it looks like the coop bank who have offices in Manchester and Leek Staffordshire due to the merger with britania
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post

Not to mention lots of "Birmingham, Greater London" on Technoyobs.
                  The Radio stations in Chicago give prizes of tickets to "Reading Rock festival in London" that always made me laugh etc.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                    it may not be as wrong as you think it looks like the coop bank who have offices in Manchester and Leek Staffordshire due to the merger with britania
                    And Skem.

What a shiiitehole that place is....

Comment

Working...
                    X