• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iprofile???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iprofile???

Anyone hear of Iprofile?

Its someone submitting my c.v. without me knowing. I have spam emails about my c.v for a job asking me to fill out a Iprofile and accept their terms!

is it a con or is it that some agent has really submitted my cv for a job i don't know about - i think iprofile is something to do with hays IT as it mentions it in the terms.

http://www.iprofilecentral.com/

As far as I'm aware it has nothing to do with any one particular agency.

It's seems to be a waste of time BTW

tim

Comment

Last time I looked at it it seemed too much hassle, too many boxes / drop downs / skills categories to sort through and I don't think I've ever been cold called from having my details on there - most of those seem to come from jobswerve or cwjobs.

Comment

Waste of time

Don't know anyone who has seen it as a benefit to be honest, just seems to be a spam generator for pimps

Comment

nothing to loose

Once you complete all those forms then all the agencies you are with and that use iprofile (most of the big ones!) will receive the update and be able to search more accurately on your cv. You may never see the direct benefit but you will come higher up on their searches if you're a match.

Comment

no worries. think ill leave it.

Comment

iprofile garbles everytime

No idea why but each time I check my "iprofile" it's garbled
              .... employment history has duplicate or missing entries
              .... dates change throughout
              .... employment summary also duplicate or missing
              .... any details bleed into the adjacent columns
              .... skills options are out of date .... eg NO mention of Oracle v10

Seems that the problem is that agents to whom you send a Cv upload them and the character recognition software is unable to cope.

Concept is probably not bad.......execution is a zero out of 10

And "NO", I've never been contacted because my Cv is there.

Comment

Yep pointless don't waste your time.

Comment

Originally posted by gooey View Post
                  Once you complete all those forms then all the agencies you are with and that use iprofile (most of the big ones!) will receive the update and be able to search more accurately on your cv. You may never see the direct benefit but you will come higher up on their searches if you're a match.
                  Yes you are right, that would be useful if the things that I do, that distinguishes me from the other 200,000 embedded engineers in the world, were on this list, but they are not.

The MO of IP is that I am supposed to add all the little things that distinguish me from someone else so that they are there for the future. But if they aren't already there, no-one is currently searching for them, so what's the point of ME adding anything.

IP are asking the wrong person to increase the granulaity of searching, and until they ask the right person to do this it's, IMHO, as useful a tool as a heap of cow dung.

tim

Comment

I suddenly found I was getting lots of calls from agents on my personal mobile(as opposed to my agents mobile). Turns out an agency I was working for (so had my personal mobile) had sent my details to iprofilcental which could then be seen by loads of agencies.

I removed access to my cv to all agencies - left my account open to make sure no agency does it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X