• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iprofile???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    It's not very smart yet, or agents aren't. Or both.

As we all know, it does (or is made to do) some pretty dumb keyword matching. If you have "database" on your CV, you'll get pinged repeatedly for DBA roles. "SQL" will get you SQL Server DBA roles. CRM will get you all levels of roles using all CRM software, as well as 1st-line support for apps using any CRM package.

One of these CVs I must try the legendary "I have NEVER used xxxxx" and wait for the xxxxx contract offers.
    Yes I don't think it does anything too clever. SQL Server full text indexing for the fuzzy searches. Things have probably moved on these days though.

Comment

Got an email from iProfile today 'welcoming' me to their service

said >>> a recruitment agency set up your iProfile on...

so I logged in and they have a 6 year old copy of my CV with a telephone number I don't recognise as my contact number. Rung it and it's a recruitment company that I have never heard of

They have also changed my CV to make it look better - lies actually.
      The part time cinema job I did at uni has been changed to a support/analyst role!!! for a cinema

deleted it - rung the agency but they dont know anything about it or how it happened etc...
      agencies seem to always deny everything if you ring them about spamming, text spamming, not deleting your contact details from their DB etc...

Comment

Originally posted by windog View Post
        Got an email from iProfile today 'welcoming' me to their service
        Just ignore them. Daft agencies sign you up for it without your premission, and you can't get them to get rid of it without a lot of trouble, and then you get registered by the next numptie....

best just leave it.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          Just ignore them. Daft agencies sign you up for it without your premission, and you can't get them to get rid of it without a lot of trouble, and then you get registered by the next numptie....

best just leave it.
          I would not leave it...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/327705-post10.html

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Hardly a major problem, agencies phoning. I used to go in and delete it every time (it's been going on for YEARS) but I couldn't give a crapola now.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              Hardly a major problem, agencies phoning. I used to go in and delete it every time (it's been going on for YEARS) but I couldn't give a crapola now.
              it is a big problem if on my personal mobile! I keep an agent mobile and one for people I want to speak to...

Comment

Finally got round to reading the email I received about iProfiles and was going to sign up but thought I would check on here first.

Glad I did.

That's one less thing to do on my to do list!

Comment

Working...
                X