• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pcg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably. Many of the affiliates offer similar deals. £18 off standard membership for the first year: you can see the Porsche on the drive already...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
      Was that the 15% discount ?
      Yep - but since I wasn't expecting to find one, it's better than nothing!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
        Probably. Many of the affiliates offer similar deals. £18 off standard membership for the first year: you can see the Porsche on the drive already...
        Malvolio, as you appear to be the fountain of all knowledge regarding PCG insurance etc can you give me a little guidance
        I am getting a quote from randelldoring and the "Aggregate Professional Indemnity limit required inclusive of costs and expenses" - is this the shared pool of 1/2mil, and you can select a value of 100K ? Also regarding the PI and PL if you don't specifiy a value does it default to 2m and 1m ?

I am getting a quote of £178 for turnover of 100K ? How does that sound ?

Comment

Malvolio, as you appear to be the fountain of all knowledge regarding PCG insurance etc can you give me a little guidance
          I am getting a quote from randelldoring and the "Aggregate Professional Indemnity limit required inclusive of costs and expenses" - is this the shared pool of 1/2mil, and you can select a value of 100K ? Also regarding the PI and PL if you don't specifiy a value does it default to 2m and 1m ?

I am getting a quote of £178 for turnover of 100K ? How does that sound ?
          The £100k is guaranteed to be available, the shared pool isn't. You could take a different value to £100k if you wish, and that would affect the premium. You've got different parameters to me and a lower turnover, so I would expect a lower quote. Looks about in line with mine though.

What cover you actually need is determined by your contract, of course.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
            The £100k is guaranteed to be available, the shared pool isn't. You could take a different value to £100k if you wish, and that would affect the premium. You've got different parameters to me and a lower turnover, so I would expect a lower quote. Looks about in line with mine though.

What cover you actually need is determined by your contract, of course.
            I've just looked through my contract and there are no figures mentioned, it just states that "the supplier shall ensure the provision of adequate Employer's Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and any other suitable policies."

Seems like I can choose a value and go for it ?

So just to be clear in my head, the £178 I have been quoted is for PI/PL and EL ? Is that correct ?

Comment

I've just looked through my contract and there are no figures mentioned, it just states that "the supplier shall ensure the provision of adequate Employer's Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and any other suitable policies."

Seems like I can choose a value and go for it ?

So just to be clear in my head, the £178 I have been quoted is for PI/PL and EL ? Is that correct ?
              I don't know, I haven't seen the schedule. But if it's the normal RD policy, then yes.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So It all seems pretty good, has anybody got a link to this 15% discount.

might join contractor alliance as well any thoughts ?

Cheers

Comment

Google is your friend....

You don't need both. PCG is cheaper.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

cheers mal but......

I thought PCG was £120 pa & contractor alliance was £25 + vat pa

??

cheers

Comment

Do the sums properly. Cost each element you will need to match PCG membership + PI/PLI/ELI to the same level coverage for the same turnover.

PCG is around 10% less.

QED...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X