• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Writing an "Opt-In" letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack
    Only been contracting these last 3 years, been in an umbrella, MSC, now my own Ltd. Before that I was freelance, direct, on fixed term PAYE contracts. Still a relatively new game to me and not earning the big bucks like some on here, yet.
    Not sure whether the benefits of joining PCG are worth the money. Already have IR35, PI and PL insurances. Was told the PCG forum isn't up to much.
    I think you will find joining the PCG is worth it. You will get access to good advice and some worthy products.
    I have posted lots against them on here, but would still recomend that you at least find out for yourself.

Opt In (my opinion. I am not qualified to give this opinion): In the regulations it clearly states that when opted in the agent must clearly state whether you have a contract for services or of service. If you have one for services then you have a clear legal notification that you are outside IR35. In the worst case you should be free of IR35 penalties as you had a legal document that suported your status.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
      Only been contracting these last 3 years, been in an umbrella, MSC, now my own Ltd. Before that I was freelance, direct, on fixed term PAYE contracts. Still a relatively new game to me and not earning the big bucks like some on here, yet.
      Not sure whether the benefits of joining PCG are worth the money. Already have IR35, PI and PL insurances. Was told the PCG forum isn't up to much.
      I would suggest it is worth it. You can save serious money using their standard cover and other discounts and the forums are way more informative and wide-ranging than what we usually find on here (ducks for cover...)

Anyway, more members equals louder voice equals more influence with The Powers That Be. Isn't that a good reason for joining anyway?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X