• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 year contract in china with my uk limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You aren't planning on using your LTD to pay travel and subsistence are you?
    And commuting daily.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Facts are worth what you pay for them.

I am sure an international tax lawyer, who earns £2000 per hour, will be along shortly to give their opinion for free.
      agreed.

The 'pay tax where you work' gets trotted out a lot, and in general is going to be true. But it's more nuanced than that, and as other have said, China is a different kettle of fish.

I did one week in China, years ago. Didn't even think about tax as I was a perm, working for a French company, paid by a UK consultancy. I would be more circumspect these days.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Don't be surprised if they think IR35 is Fried Chicken in Satay sauce.

Comment

This

A 4 year sentence and seemingly no homework done first if he hasn't asked an expert already then Eeeek!
          Might be better if OP actually shared what research he has already done

He has assumed his invoices will get paid... ok scrub that, sorry, just being a pessimist!

I can see a bright immediate future involving Visas and some Red Tape followed by enjoying the Smog in Beijing
          So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
          X