• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial Service contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Yeah. I live in W8 and it's awful.
    The place or the commute?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The place or the commute?
      I just remembered this thread wasn't in General.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Agreed. Claim back is permie speak
        ??? If I personally incur an expense, I claim it back from MyCo.

Comment

Biggest issue with financial services(or other London) gigs is the commuting.

Think very carefully.
          depends if it's in the city or the wharf, city isn't TOO bad.
          for me, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            depends if it's in the city or the wharf, city isn't TOO bad.
            for me, anyway
            Agreed. City has so many more options.

I cycle. 8 miles to wharf, 12 to the city. I prefer cycling to the city....

Comment

Agreed. City has so many more options.

I cycle. 8 miles to wharf, 12 to the city. I prefer cycling to the city....
              LadyMuck cycling in lycra.

LOL
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                ??? If I personally incur an expense, I claim it back from MyCo.
                Well there you go. MyCo picks up all business-related expenses, I can't remember incurring a personal expense on its behalf.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Well there you go. MyCo picks up all business-related expenses, I can't remember incurring a personal expense on its behalf.
                  How do you manage mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    LadyMuck cycling in lycra.

LOL
                    I just remembered this thread wasn't in General.

Comment

Originally posted by smithy858 View Post
                      I am a total noob and have never done contracting before but I am thinking of getting into it. I have read up a bit on IR35 but I was wondering if anyone knows if these complaint handling contracts for Banks advertised through the likes of Momenta, Huntswood etc fall in or out of it?

Reason I ask is I have applied for a role and i'd need to commute 2 hours on the train to get to the location. The other option is to stay there in the week and come back at weekend. Would I be able to claim back any expenses like travel or accommodation?

As you should know, in that industry they set you a number of cases as your SLA. Years and years ago I seem to remember the contract said that if you don't meet your SLA then your fee is reduced proportionately (and I've heard rumours they've done that), which is helpful for getting outside IR35. Just make sure you know what the SLA is.

Are you sure the money is worth a 2 hour commute or setting up a Ltd for instead of brolly? Usually Huntswood/Momenta complaint gigs pay £125 - £225/day
                      Make sure you try out one of the take home pay calculators

Comment

Working...
                      X