• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month rule with company paying for fuel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 month rule with company paying for fuel

Hi All
    Does anybody know if the 24 month rule applies if your LTD company pays for fuel using your company vehicle?

I have been working at a contract for a year and half (was suppose to be 3 months) and there's a possibility the contract could run past the 24 month marker. I purchased a works van through my LTD company for business use only from my office (Home) to the clients site. I claim all the fuel servicing MOTs etc through the company therefore do not claim any mileage. If the contract runs past two years will i have to start paying for the fuel personally or does the rule only apply if you are claiming milage using a private vehicle?

Thanks in advance

Not 100% on this (as NLUK would say ask your accountant) but vehicle effectively becomes just like a normal BiK and you will have to pay the fuel for personal use (where personal use now includes driving to and from a fixed place of work, but not any onward or other business-related travel).

Comment

Originally posted by brightspark91 View Post
      Does anybody know if the 24 month rule applies if your LTD company pays for fuel using your company vehicle?
      Yes it applies if you're claiming it as business miles.
      If you're paying for fuel, by the company, as personal miles then carry on and fill yer boots.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

And assuming the company vehicle is actually owned by/registered to the Company.

Comment

Thought that would be the case. Thats a shame as the site is quite far away. Yes the vehicle is registered to the company and only used for this trip to and from site.
          Thanks for the quick response guys

Comment

Working...
          X