• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

List of contracting houses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of contracting houses.

Hi all, I am new to the world of contracting so I apologise in advance for any 'doh' questions I ask.

Would appreciate if anyone could provide me with some agencies, or contract houses, that deal with IT contracting, specifically Oracle.

Thanks in advance.

Noel

<takes cover>

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      <takes cover>
      That's ominous

Comment

Contracting House

Comment

Try Jobserve, Monster and CW jobs for starters. Post your CV on those, apply for roles, see what comes of it.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to point out the fundamental flaws in your business plan.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Try Jobserve, Monster and CW jobs for starters. Post your CV on those, apply for roles, see what comes of it.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to point out the fundamental flaws in your business plan.
            Those are neither contract houses nor agencies. Can you stick to the topic man.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Those are neither contract houses nor agencies. Can you stick to the topic man.

Comment

Thanks @barrydidit. I have already tried some of the internet sites you suggest, but it is like throwing your details out into the dark and hoping it hits something. I want to find a company that I can deal with more directly or am I being a bit unrealistic?

Comment

Originally posted by duploon View Post
                  Thanks @barrydidit. I have already tried some of the internet sites you suggest, but it is like throwing your details out into the dark and hoping it hits something. I want to find a company that I can deal with more directly or am I being a bit unrealistic?
                  That's just what comes of networking. What organisations have you worked with previously - is there anyone there you can contact? The job boards are where agencies advertise so if you don't have a network to utilise then that's the best bet. Failing that, see what agencies are advertising on the boards and call them. It's the week before Christmas, so don't expect to land anything but this will at least get your name infront of the agencies, and stop the pimps getting bored which means they're less likely to call me to see 'how i'm finding the market'. 2 birds/1 stone.

Comment

Originally posted by duploon View Post
                    They are the pretty much go to sites where contracts are posted.

Agents resource roles for clients and deal with many contractors. They aren't like head hunters that look for roles for you. They are just (Sorry Andy Hallett) salesmen and women pimping roles out. You register you CV with them and IF a role comes up they MIGHT get in touch. Some will take the time and remember a good resource but they are more likey to either keyword match their database and spank it on jobserve.

You are going to get sent a whole host of roles that are probably nothing to do with your skill set as well.

At least on jobserve and the like you can see live roles that actually need filling (cough).

Once you've got a role on the screen for Oracle you've managed to do 0.9% of the work. The rest is up to you.

I've a feeling this is going to be a long thread
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X