• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever had trouble getting payment from Premier IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever had trouble getting payment from Premier IT?

Their contract states 14 days from invoice and it has been significantly more than that.

I am continuing to get platitudes on the phone and they are completely ignoring e-mail.

Client has approved timesheets.

Just wondering if others have had similar experiences with this EB?

I had a similar problem with another agent last week (Spring). I sent my contact and their CFO an email, asking for immediate payment, and if they did not, I would have to a) Withdraw my service from the end client (no money = no work from me) and therefore b) Mention it to the end client, so that they would understand why I was no longer on site.

Got all outstanding money paid within 4 days, and a call of apology. I suspect being seen as a bad agent by a paying customer would be very bad news for an agent.

Comment

The worst thing you can ever do is let it slide for too long.

Sure, allow for a little flexibility such as a genuine cock up in a payment run but otherwise manage your credit risk like a hawk.

Comment

Ask to speak to somebody in the Finance department, have you spoken to the agent who placed you or are they ignoring your calls?

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
          Ask to speak to somebody in the Finance department, have you spoken to the agent who placed you or are they ignoring your calls?

GE
          This. Try agent first, then go to switchboard and ask for the finance team.
          After that, back to agent and threaten offsite.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyboy View Post
            I had a similar problem with another agent last week (Spring). I sent my contact and their CFO an email, asking for immediate payment, and if they did not, I would have to a) Withdraw my service from the end client (no money = no work from me) and therefore b) Mention it to the end client, so that they would understand why I was no longer on site.
            Do this ^^^

I had to do this in a contract a few years ago. I was sent a cheque for payment from the big boss in a large organisation. The finance department was located elsewhere in the country and for some reason decided I could be paid late without explanation, to the horror of the person who sorted out my contract and their immediate bosses.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X