• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency rates negotiation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Interesting - I wonder whether it passes QDOS or not? Thanks for the heads up!
    Discussed ad infinitum already. Are you aware of the Google search method. A number of things you've mentioned recently are very well covered on here already.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      Sorry if I wasn't clear - the last couple of agencies I've spoken to I've asked them if they've been on an open book (fixed percentage) or fixed rate with the client. They're been forthcoming when questioned in the main. I could be approaching this incorrectly, though.
      But that's not what he asked. He is (I think) asking about dicussing rates with clients when his contract forbades him from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        But that's not what he asked. He is (I think) asking about dicussing rates with clients when his contract forbades him from doing so.
        Correct. It seemed crazy, but I guess it's legal...

Unfortunately, I don't really want to go into too much detail here. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by candlewax View Post
          Correct. It seemed crazy, but I guess it's legal...

Unfortunately, I don't really want to go into too much detail here. Sorry.
          It's only legal when lawyers and courts get involved. Until then it's a dispute between them and you, but you definitely on the back foot. Negotiation and agreement is more likely to resolve it. It's expensive to go legal so bear that in before folding like a pack of cards.

Also if they do want to sue you it has to be for tangible losses, not any old number they think will do.

If you can't go in to detail just bear those points in mind. Might help you find a reasonable solution. You've breached your contract for some inexplicable but bear the points above in mind and it might not be too bad.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
          X