• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hostile Environment Day Rate Adjustment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Great advice. Thanks.
    Advice was for the OP. You go there by all means. Tosseur.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      Advice was for the OP. You go there by all means. Tosseur.
      Hopefully the OP will ignore the 'boss' comment and realise the boss is a permie working for his employer and you are not so what he does in no way relates to what a contractor does. But apart from that it was OK.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Hopefully the OP will ignore the 'boss' comment and realise the boss is a permie working for his employer and you are not so what he does in no way relates to what a contractor does. But apart from that it was OK.
        By "the boss" I obviously meant the requesting party. Stop wasting our time with the language police act.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          By "the boss" I obviously meant the requesting party. Stop wasting our time with the language police act.
          He likes his bit of fun. Never stop him....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Going rate for putting the server in for the Iraqi government iirc was £2k per day for a contractor; half of that was expected to be spent on personal security. Do your own rate for risk sums accordingly.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far folks.

BG teams and security are being provided by the client.

Wheat I meant by 24 hour working is that even at the end of the day back at your bunk you are still keeping your security head on etc. so you aren't technically getting any down time or relaxation until you are back in british air space.

And it's 2 weeks on a camp where it's strongly advised that you don't leave the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by LJD View Post
                Thanks for the advice so far folks.

BG teams and security are being provided by the client.

Wheat I meant by 24 hour working is that even at the end of the day back at your bunk you are still keeping your security head on etc. so you aren't technically getting any down time or relaxation until you are back in british air space.

And it's 2 weeks on a camp where it's strongly advised that you don't leave the perimeter.
                If it were me pondering what rate to charge, I'd remind myself of the big 5 consultancy partner who used to charge my client £5k per day for the opportunity to come into a swish London office and do more selling twice a week. For some camp in a dangerous zone - I'd want at least that.

Comment

I was talking about a role with a large German consultancy in Saudi a few years ago.
                  Contract length one year +. I was looking for 1K per day + expenses, which seemed to be acceptable for them.
                  It fell through and I got something in London, in the end though.

Now, given the way things are, I would want more than that .
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LJD View Post

And it's 2 weeks on a camp where it's strongly advised that you don't leave the perimeter
                    Nah.... You're as safe as you can be in the enclaves and you'll have a great bar. Everyone will be in the same position the social side will actually be better than in a normal hotel where everyone buggers off out. They'll have R&R nailed pretty well.

I spend more time watching my back walking around London than I did when I was away.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I was talking about a role with a large German consultancy in Saudi a few years ago.
                      Contract length one year +. I was looking for 1K per day + expenses, which seemed to be acceptable for them.
                      It fell through and I got something in London, in the end though.

Now, given the way things are, I would want more than that .
                      I was considering something similar in Libya, 5 years, bit less than £1k/day, but free flights/accom and food. Checked with FCO, Libya deemed safe, 5 weeks later the it all kicked off and now is a definite no go area.

All the the name of Peace and Liberty....

Comment

Working...
                      X