• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choices, choices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect 10 hrs per day.
    Longer commute, 10 hours PD, phhht..
    HFs never seem to pay as much as a decent IB contract, probably more pressure...

Therefore I'm out
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Longer commute, 10 hours PD, phhht..
      HFs never seem to pay as much as a decent IB contract, probably more pressure...

Therefore I'm out
      Why do you say so? They have bonuses if a perm job, right? What's a decent IB contract these days? Same 10 hrs.

Comment

Eh? Who mentioned bonuses or perm?

What's a decent IB contract these days? Same 10 hrs.
        8 hrs PD max, unless I have something urgent to attend to.
        They are usually so slow moving I'm miles ahead anyway.

Up to you, I like my free time .
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          You must have a limit though?

You'd be happy doing 10 hours every day?

37.5 hours per week is certainly what I'm used to, everywhere I've ever worked, contract and perm has been that. Anytime I see a role advertised as 40 hours it puts me off straight away!

Of course, I don't mind doing extra hours here and there where needed, but I won't bend over.
          Totally but the point I'm making is i don't see my daily rate being diluted based on the hours I chose to do.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Eh? Who mentioned bonuses or perm?

8 hrs PD max, unless I have something urgent to attend to.
            They are usually so slow moving I'm miles ahead anyway.

Up to you, I like my free time .
            Remind me again the sequence - talk to the management then accept the offer or accept the offer anyway and then talk?

Comment

take it, you clearly want the role!!

Comment

Stay put at the current gig and hand the HF contract over to myself.

HTH

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Totally but the point I'm making is i don't see my daily rate being diluted based on the hours I chose to do.
                  This, otherwise you're thinking in terms of hourly rate. You're not a shopworker are you?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    This, otherwise you're thinking in terms of hourly rate. You're not a shopworker are you?
                    Ebbs and flows, sometimes I have had to put excessive, unpaid, time in to deliver.
                    However, I also negotiated 1.5 day rate for any weekend work, at the same client.

Horses for courses.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Ebbs and flows, sometimes I have had to put excessive, unpaid, time in to deliver.
                      However, I also negotiated 1.5 day rate for any weekend work, at the same client.

Horses for courses.
                      Correct. All part of building a business relationship. I've given repeat business to tradesmen who have gone the extra mile on jobs for me.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X