• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling anybody that had an AUG contract with Resource group in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling anybody that had an AUG contract with Resource group in Germany

Hi All,

I had an AUG contract with Resource Group in Germany during 2012.

It was an umbrella style contract where resource group were meant to have paid the tax for me and I got the net value.
    BUT they did no fill in the P60 correctly which hid a problem and this was found when RG got audited by the german tax authorities.

I now have a 15000 euro tax bill and I only worked 9 months for that year with that contract. So I have to ask the question did RG really know what they were doing?

They will not help me out AT ALL even though it is clear to me and my accountant that the P60 was not filled correctly.
    I was wondering if there is anybody else with this problem and perhaps we could could have a discussion of how possibly wen could get RG to take part responsibility for this mistake.

Currently they are expecting me to sort it out on my own.

How much was the contract worth and how much tax was deducted?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

The German authorities state I earned 30000 more than RG put on the p60 basically.

RG basically convinced me that I could get away with not paying tax on an expense part.

The German tax authorities totally disagree and now I have to make the shortfall and RG have totally washed their hands of it.

The fact is RG I believe got a surprise audit and the German tax authorities don't agree with the contract set up.

I really am looking for others in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanContractor View Post
        The German authorities state I earned 30000 more than RG put on the p60 basically.

RG basically convinced me that I could get away with not paying tax on an expense part.

The German tax authorities totally disagree and now I have to make the shortfall and RG have totally washed their hands of it.

The fact is RG I believe got a surprise audit and the German tax authorities don't agree with the contract set up.

So you do owe the tax?

Comment

Well at least they're not charging penalties, just seems to be a back tax demand with interest added on.

I would look at it like this. You probably should have paid it in the first place so you haven't really lost anything, you were just led up the garden path by a rather sloppy Umbrella company. 30000 expenses without receipts etc, sounds excessive to say the least.

However having said that, what you could try is contacting a German accountant to see whether you can offset some expenses. I would have thought a good accountant could knock the bill down.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 September 2015, 21:41.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is it 30000 more than you were actually paid or really "30000 more than they put in the p60"? I am asking, because it is not unusual for the German tax office to use higher figures based on some kind of an estimate. This is normally done to put pressure on you to get going and fully disclose your situation. So, if it really looks like some kind of a wild estimate you really need to appeal your tax bill and in most cases it is surprisingly simple to bring this figure down as soon as you submit the full real details of your income situation. The same with the expense side. They usually do not accept that your employer pays out tax free amounts as "expenses". If you do however provide documentation of your expenses as part of your year end tax submission it is rather simple to these accepted and reduce your tax bill (provided obviously that your expenses were exclusively work related).

Comment

Working...
            X