• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unskilled testers - hourly wages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    Isnt that the new living wage for 2016?
    Maybe not but you would think you've hit the big time if you were from Yorkshire.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WTF is an 'unskilled' tester? If you havent got the skills, you're not a tester. And anyone calling themselves a 'tester' is really just a knobjockey.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

As little as they deserve. You'll get what you pay for; by the time you reach £10 an hour and they've probably stopped using velcro and moved on to shoelaces. At £12 an hour they can probably remember how to get home. At £14 an hour you can give them an hour for lunch without the need to retrain in the afternoon.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          WTF is an 'unskilled' tester? If you havent got the skills, you're not a tester. And anyone calling themselves a 'tester' is really just a knobjockey.
          I call myself a Tester. A very good one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
            I call myself a Tester. A very good one at that.
            Are you a tester though? Or is it one of the roles you can do?
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              What's the matter BB don't you like testers?
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Are you a tester though? Or is it one of the roles you can do?
                Been testing in a variety of industry sectors and technologies for 16 years full time.

Not entirely sure calling an entire profession 'knobjockeys' is overly appropriate in a professional forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                  Been testing in a variety of industry sectors and technologies for 16 years full time.

Not entirely sure calling an entire profession 'knobjockeys' is overly appropriate in a professional forum.
                  I think testers are great, mainly because I can't think of anything I would rather not do, so I am glad their are people out there that I don't understand but are willing to do it day in and day out. Plus when the code goes wrong it helps to be able to say "well who tested it?". They are worth their money just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Underbase View Post
                    I think testers are great, mainly because I can't think of anything I would rather not do, so I am glad their are people out there that I don't understand but are willing to do it day in and day out. Plus when the code goes wrong it helps to be able to say "well who tested it?". They are worth their money just for that.
                    Thanks. I think.

Comment

Perhaps you need some of this

guerrilla-testing

Comment

Working...
                      X