• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of CL1 contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of CL1 contracts

Are the current (as of now, Feb 2015) CL1 contracts any better in terms of IR35 risk, or has anyone succeeded in negotiating the content of CL1 contracts? As a supplementary question, do C@pita still have their finger in the pie in terms putting a markup on the "rate"?

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    Are the current (as of now, Feb 2015) CL1 contracts any better in terms of IR35 risk, or has anyone succeeded in negotiating the content of CL1 contracts? As a supplementary question, do C@pita still have their finger in the pie in terms putting a markup on the "rate"?
    Not seen the most recent version. But on a side note my new gig is Public Sector but *not* through CL1 as client think they are too expensive...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
      As far as I'm aware CL1 hasn't changed has it? I had a CL1 contract pass IR35 inspection via QDOS back in September, and the only change I'm aware of since then is that the business entity tests have been scrapped. So any new engagement via the CL1 framework shouldn't require you to complete the business entity tests.

To answer your second point, yes Cr@pita do have a massive finger in the pie and I'm surprised ruasonid has managed to get a public sector one not on the CL1 framework. The setup is a shambles with there now being two layers of cr@p between the contractor and the client (agent & Cr@pita Business Services) making any negotiation/issue resolution an absolute nightmare.

I can honestly say after this contract I would hesitate greatly about taking any public sector contract on the CL1 framework again.

Comment

Working...
      X