• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website To Introduce Contractors to Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    The comment says nothing. Akin to me saying "Google's rubbish". I'd like to know if I shouldn't use the site because maybe they'll spam me to death or try to rob me or some such ? Or am I just listening to some bitter sack of tulip moaning online.

And as for having a vested interest - jog on. I heard about this site about 10 days ago, haven't used it myself and simply stuck it out there.
    It's astonishing the attitude some of you carry around, really.
    Its rubbish. I applied for a role via Jobswerve to find I had to then 'register' for elevate. Only then there was no trace of the job I applied for nor could I find matching other roles.

When i contacted them, they said I hadnt registered properly (oh really?) and suggested I registered again. I did so and again, couldnt find the job i wanted to apply for.

Hacked off I then tried to remove my registration. Except there was no way to do so.

Im firmly of the opinion its just a spamming vehicle to garner cv's and leads.

My advice would be to stay well clear.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Has Contractor Club gone then? It was a great idea but they just never had sufficient contracts and even when they did have suitable ones, he just used his wife to sift out CV's so it just became a mirror of the agency model.
      Just going by posts 35 and 36 which resurrected this thread, so not 100% sure

Comment

Its rubbish. I applied for a role via Jobswerve to find I had to then 'register' for elevate. Only then there was no trace of the job I applied for nor could I find matching other roles.

When i contacted them, they said I hadnt registered properly (oh really?) and suggested I registered again. I did so and again, couldnt find the job i wanted to apply for.

Hacked off I then tried to remove my registration. Except there was no way to do so.

+1 All of these sites (apart from LI) seem a waste of time.

Comment

Their numbers don't look good either

Comment

This makes reasoned sense, so fair enough. After being dragged through this thread I wish I'd never heard of them now. Forums are supposed to be relaxing.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
            X