• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appointment of Accountant Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Come on Clare, don't let this upstart have the last word! 'Ave im!!

Bad move NLUK. People constantly tell me I look a lot younger when I'm stood next to Clare.

Comment

what about the fees? do they look cheap? reasonable? expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by knight007 View Post
        what about the fees? do they look cheap? reasonable? expensive?
        £700 is around average for the accounts, it depends on how much work is involved. Does that include all bookkeeping too, and literally all you're doing is providing a box of paperwork?

£125 for a VAT return, if it's flat rate, is expensive in my view. You should be able to do them yourself easily enough, just make sure you take the flat rate from the gross invoice, not the net, and account for the 1% discount in the first year of registration.

What about your personal tax return, wages, registered office, IR35 reviews, reference letters etc? Having a small wage in place is usually worthwhile so that at the least you get NI credit, and therefore a full state pension allowance.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I'm doing my own VAT returns and PAYE payments online.

The fees include payroll.

It doesn't include personal tax returns, IR35 reviews, reference letters.

Comment

Originally posted by knight007 View Post
            I'm doing my own VAT returns and PAYE payments online.

The fees include payroll.

It doesn't include personal tax returns, IR35 reviews, reference letters.
            Might be worth finding out how much they cost, just so you can compare with other providers for your own peace of mind. £700 for accounts is one thing, but if you're then paying on top for personal tax, IR35 and references it could work out more expensive in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
              Bad move NLUK. People constantly tell me I look a lot younger when I'm stood next to Clare.
              When people say you're immature compared to me Mr S, that's not what they mean

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
                What's all this stood? I can imagine you in some ultra modern glass office with no chairs, just beanbags and 'pods', wearing stripy shirts with braces and using portable devices...

Either that or the landlord has repossessed your furniture!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X