• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cascade solitions new solution to replace EBT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cascade solitions new solution to replace EBT

Has anyone been to cascades semiunars over teh last week?
    They hace anew structure in place to repolace teh EBT - they promise the same returns.

It is something to do with settlers law - it involve sdividends not loans.
    Also requires some payment to charity as a mandatory thing to fulfill some legal obligation.

Any one have any opinions on how safe this is?

Their website isn't clear on how it works, but they say:

You are an employee under the structure. All income received is employment income and you will not receive payments in the form of dividends, limited company loans, or share options.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyuiop725 View Post
      Yes thanks. Bargepole mandatory environment. Anyone signing up to variations on this theme needs their head reading; existing EBTs are probably OK since HMRC can't work out how to attack them yet (but they will in time). All others are likely to be toast in no time flat.

And learn to type.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No detail on how it works.

A new user with a dodgy username and this there first post.

Avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post

Avoid.
          seriously - like are you really trying to suggest that I am some plant from cascade trying to push business.

Maybe just take the question at face value - after all, it is an entirely reasonable query.
          I'd ease off on the paranoia for your own sake.

I don't have much detail how it works.
          It was quite a technical solution - hence my query if anyone else was at these seminars. If so, any other info / opinions on it?

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post

Avoid.
            their
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyuiop725 View Post
              Has anyone been to cascades semiunars over teh last week?
              They hace anew structure in place to repolace teh EBT - they promise the same returns.

It is something to do with settlers law - it involve sdividends not loans.
              Also requires some payment to charity as a mandatory thing to fulfill some legal obligation.

I don't even understand how it would work let alone how safe it is and i've seen most of them out there.

Comment

Working...
              X