• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Von Essen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von Essen

Anybody here with Von Essen?

I've just had this email:

Dear Martin Hunt

Von Essen has recently reviewed its consultant base and has taken a decision to work with only a limited number of business sectors and skill sets in the UK.

Your current contract with ******** expires on 27 November 2009 and Von Essen will continue to operate this for you; however for any new contracts/extensions beyond 27 November 2009 we will be unable to offer you a continued role as a partner within Von Essen LLP.

In order for Von Essen to accurately produce your partnership page please ensure that all relevant business expense receipts are submitted to us within 2 weeks of this email as your Partnership page will be produced with the information we hold.

Any receipts received late will not be included. Two copies of your partnership page will be sent to you along with a letter for the release of the balance of your undistributed profit account.

On receipt of this signed letter we will arrange for payment of the undistributed profit account to be made to you within 7 days.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for working with Von Essen, should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us, meanwhile we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and wish you well for the future.

Regards

Von Essen Management Team

Curiously coincidental as I was about to go Ltd anyway but has anybody else had similar from them?

This looks pretty straight forward. The business is re-focussing and so skill base is changing.

What's the question?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

removed by CUK
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 November 2009, 16:48. Reason: this has been clarified elsewhere

Comment

have you got a brother called mike?

Comment

I just had one of those......

Were you with Sunday Solutions before that?

Comment

I also had this email and subsequently an email pushing me to use recommended accountants to do my 2008/9 self assessment. Von Essen are shutting down in the UK soon so I'll probably use my limited company from now on and take on an accountant of my own choosing. I hope that they will be providing me with 2009/10 accounts to date before they shuffle off though.

Comment

No, I was never with Sunday Solutions (a lucky escape it seems).

I'm just waiting for my final drawings (due in the bank today) and my partnership pages (due by the end of the week), I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Which accountant do they recommend?

Who is the accountant that they are recommending?

Comment

OK so, final drawings went in as did all my due expenses. Partnership pages arrived mid afternoon. All looks fine, no complaints about charges.

Just waiting for the balance to be paid now, should be within the next few days.

So far, I have only had a positive experience with Von Essen.

Comment

Balance was paid yesterday, I have absolutely no complaints about VE.

It seems that the insinuations about VE being tied up with Sunday are erroneous.

Comment

Working...
                    X