• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing Frequency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I invoice as soon as possible - firstly its money in the bank, and while its unlikely your company will go bust, it also means you minimise arrears.

Say your rate is X per week, and you only invoice every 3 months, when you could every week, you'd be losing about 1.3% interest on it (assuming you can get a rate of 5.5% per year)

Comment

Originally posted by marcosscriven
      I invoice as soon as possible - firstly its money in the bank, and while its unlikely your company will go bust, it also means you minimise arrears.

Say your rate is X per week, and you only invoice every 3 months, when you could every week, you'd be losing about 1.3% interest on it (assuming you can get a rate of 5.5% per year)
      True, although I can't help thinking that if you are drawing a regular monthly salary from your company yet your company is invoicing clients less frequently and at irregular intervals, particularly if based on project milestones, then I can't see how anyone could reasonably claim you are acting as an employee of anyone but your own company.

Comment

HAYS IT - invoice weekly and payment terms within 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by sli_gryn View Post
          Just a quick one, how often do people here invoice and what (generally) are your payment terms?

(am prepared for the anti-newbie onslaught)
          Every 5 minutes. Payment terms of half an hour.

Threaded.
          Last edited by Sockpuppet; 7 January 2008, 19:26.

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
            HAYS IT - invoice weekly and payment terms within 7 days.
            Hays IT Switzerland. Invoice monthly, payment with 45 days. But if you offer a discount, they'll pay quicker...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I remember when Plexian went bust. Nobody got paid.

One bloke hadn't bothered to raise an invoice for 3 months.

He thought the world had ended. His wife probably arranged it so that it did end.

Anyone who has seen an agency go down invoices frequently.

Terms: 28 days then charge interest - non-negotiable (it's effectively the law anyway).

I tend to invoice weekly even when the contract says monthly, then ignore the complaints. Normally I get away with it; they just give up and conform.

DO NOT SIT ON UNSENT TIMESHEETS. SEND THE INVOICE.

(Alternatively, if you are so keen for your ltd co to give interest free loans, can I have £25k to tide me over until I get my next contract, please? And if you wont do i for me, why would you do it for an agency?)
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Wow, this thread is ancient
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Wow, this thread is ancient
                  Indeed.

Comment

Invoice every 2 weeks, bog standard 28 day terms

Comment

Invoice weekly - I want the money out of the agency and into my company as soon as possible.

1. Gains more interest that way.
                      2. Limits potential losses from agency/client going t!ts up to maximum of a week.
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X