• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jury service while benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So you will be on paternity leave.
    Hopefully not more than a week. I wont have minded going for the jury service if it was a couple of weeks later

Comment

doing it now in not an option because the Mrs is due a week before the date
      So? She';ll be glad to get you out of the house.

FWIW I come from an age when the days I had off when each of them were born was taken off my holiday entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by b r View Post
        So? She';ll be glad to get you out of the house.
        Not if she goes into labour.

FWIW I come from an age when the days I had off when each of them were born was taken off my holiday entitlement.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Kids are 18, 22 and 23; so barely.

A couple of years ago a lad I ride (MTB) with said he'd have to stay local while his wife was in her final weeks. His idea of local was no more than 30 mins away...

Whereas I just made sure that I only did day-trips in the last month, that is day-trips all across Europe

Comment

A couple of years ago a lad I ride (MTB) said he'd have to stay local while his wife was in her final weeks.

Comment

You could have had your kids at 16 or 60 so their ages are meaningless.

Or do you presume everyone has their kids at the same age?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My one and only, I was 41 when she was born. Keeps me young though.

Comment

I succumbed to the jury service. Seems I have almost two weeks between delivery and Jury duty.

Not wanting to fall foul of the law, is it possible to be on Paternity leave, and attend Jury service since? .......since both involves some payment?.

Comment

Working...
                  X