• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS Business - avoid! Recommendations please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if it couldn't get any more ridiculous...

When I called them I was told I'd need an activation code for online/telephone banking. Which I requested and one duly arrived by SMS the next day. I called them up and quoted the number, it seemed to work just fine and they put me back through the phone system to choose a pin number. I then asked to set up a payment over the phone, but there was a technical glitch and I was short on time by this point so I said I'd call back this week to do it.

Just called them tonight, and they said that because I've ordered a card reader they can't do it over the phone, unless I order an activation code - which would be sent by post within 3-5 working days!

You can't make this nonsense up. I'm laughing about it because there's absolutely nothing else I can do.

Chances are that I can't get another account opened in time for my next invoice to be settled. So I may as well just persevere with getting this account to function properly, and then take time to choose an account with a bank that knows its arse from its elbow.

I accept that I might have been a bit naive about what I had to do to get the account functioning how I needed it. But now I've made a lot of effort and it seems RBS are largely incapable of what should be a simple and standard thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JustRodders View Post
      As if it couldn't get any more ridiculous...

When I called them I was told I'd need an activation code for online/telephone banking. Which I requested and one duly arrived by SMS the next day. I called them up and quoted the number, it seemed to work just fine and they put me back through the phone system to choose a pin number. I then asked to set up a payment over the phone, but there was a technical glitch and I was short on time by this point so I said I'd call back this week to do it.

Just called them tonight, and they said that because I've ordered a card reader they can't do it over the phone, unless I order an activation code - which would be sent by post within 3-5 working days!

You can't make this nonsense up. I'm laughing about it because there's absolutely nothing else I can do.

Chances are that I can't get another account opened in time for my next invoice to be settled. So I may as well just persevere with getting this account to function properly, and then take time to choose an account with a bank that knows its arse from its elbow.

I accept that I might have been a bit naive about what I had to do to get the account functioning how I needed it. But now I've made a lot of effort and it seems RBS are largely incapable of what should be a simple and standard thing.
      Unfortunately all banks **** up with some customers.

The difference between one bank and another how they treat you as a customer when they **** up.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X