• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[HELP] - Client -> LTD -> SRL -> me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] - Client -> LTD -> SRL -> me

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some advice.

some information:
    I'm a British Citizen
    Perm position atm, never contracted or held any kind of LTD

What I'd like to do:

1.) Go Contracting
    2.) Move to Romania
    3.) Contract in the Europe, including the UK where I get Test consultant work. (probably have to work on site)
    4.) Set up a non IT related business in Romania and leave tech long term...

Basically, I need to have an romanian ltd (srl) and run it so it has atleast 50,000 Euros turn over for a year. This is because I need a ltd which I can use to apply for some grants. (one of the conditions for the grants are company turn over must be 50,000 among st others).

I haven't contracted before, not sure if a UK client will be happy to contact directly to a Romanian ltd(srl) or if I will have to do the following:

client -> my uk ltd -> my romanian srl -> paying me a salary.

I mean I want to understand what are the tax implications, etc.

Thanks Arjun

Not a chance a UK agent will deal with your company. They don't know the rules about engaging with UK LTDs for contracting let alone yours. Agents are also now checking you are a director and if you are the only shareholder etc so your setup will be way off their risk profile.

There are a hell of a lot more people than roles in contracting at the moment so any blocker will put you out of contention.

There is a whole host of comments about tax but bearing in mind the problems I mentioned first it's probably not worth going in to them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Private message sent

Comment

Working...
      X