• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it me, my accountant or my Ltd company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hardly rocket science is it...

The accountant does all the hard work anyway. All you have to do is submit your receipts, invoices, bank statements etc and then make the payments your accountant tells you to make.

Your only real issue is how much money to take out of the company and how much tax or not your want to incur.

Come on, get a grip

I would recommend Nixon Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Frankly, if you have been a contractor since 2005 and still can't get to grips with it, you'd be better off as an employee or a brolly user.
      I think it's more the case as with any successful business - making money rather than losing it so the details have been ignored. Probably needs a prod in the right direction to get a decent warchest planned and built up. It's too easy to see all that money in the corporate account and get a semi
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

To answer title question : I'ts you.

try using quickfile for accounts, you will have a better picture of your finances and its free.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
          Its hardly rocket science is it...

The accountant does all the hard work anyway. All you have to do is submit your receipts, invoices, bank statements etc and then make the payments your accountant tells you to make.

Your only real issue is how much money to take out of the company and how much tax or not your want to incur.

Come on, get a grip

I would recommend Nixon Williams.
          You need to have a basic understanding otherwise you could end up with an accountant who rips you off.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You need to have a basic understanding otherwise you could end up with an accountant who rips you off.
            How could an accountant rip you off ? Other than in the fees they charge ?

Do you mean they could be doing a tulip job ?

I wouldn't for a second suggest you don't double checks the accounts and retains some basic understanding of what is going on. Just struggling to see how its all so difficult. Its basically just adding and subtracting and the understanding of how percentages work.
            Last edited by dx4100; 11 May 2016, 10:21.

Comment

How could an accountant rip you off ? Other than in the fees they charge ?

Do you mean they could be doing a tulip job ?

I wouldn't for a second suggest you don't double checks the accounts and retains some basic understanding of what is going on. Just struggling to see how its all so difficult. Its basically just adding and subtracting and the understanding of how percentages work.
              Never heard of Darren Upton then? Google him.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The crunch portal couldn't be more simple to use and you can immediately see when logging in what money in the company is available to you for salary/dividends versus what is being kept back for tax.

Anyone who struggles to understand how their company is doing using the Crunch portal really should be with a brolly!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Never heard of Darren Upton then? Google him.
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ress-wife.html

I presume he had direct access to their bank accounts ?? That is a big no no

Comment

If you look into how he did it I think in theory it could happen again, but at least many are now more aware of such scams. Even worse, I understand his clients had to pay the unpaid tax to HMRC, IIRC.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Maybe th OP needs to hire in a bookkeeper for a couple of hours a month. Give them receipts, invoices etc. Anyone ever done this?

Comment

Working...
                      X