• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget 2015: Chancellor announcement on Employment Intermediaries: Temporary workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    You answer to them in the same way a plumber answers to the customer he's doing pipework for.
    You tell them how many sugars you want?

Although not a dev myself, it seems I'm called to sit in on "scrum" calls / meetings in every project. I don't think any of them have actually been scrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      You tell them how many sugars you want?

Although not a dev myself, it seems I'm called to sit in on "scrum" calls / meetings in every project. I don't think any of them have actually been scrum.
      Hardly anywhere i've worked, who think they do Scrum, actually are doing it.
      They think Scrum will make them agile - but of course Scrum is really a frameowrk to hep you leverage your agility. You need to be 'Agile' in the first place.

Putting the cart before the horse means they end up being neither.

Comment

Hardly anywhere i've worked, who think they do Scrum, actually are doing it.
        As you mentioned in an earlier post, what matters for the purposes of this discussion is the reality on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          As you mentioned in an earlier post, what matters for the purposes of this discussion is the reality on the ground.
          Sure. So it pays to know your stuff and get some assurance before you accept the role! Done properly I think Scrum is probably the best situation for a (or vast majority of) modern developer to be in in terms of ir35. The completely autonomous & isolated programmer just doesn't exist anymore for anything more than trivial. Or at least it shouldn't!

Comment

Sure. So it pays to know your stuff and get some assurance before you accept the role!
            Yep.

Comment

<sexist rubbish>

Daily Sprint Meeting
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 26 March 2015, 06:43. Reason: Moronic sexist behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                <sexist drivelling>

Daily Sprint Meeting
                Please refrain from this sort of sexist behaviour in the pro forum, this user has been temp banned for 3 days. Thanks. RH

Comment

Working...
                X