• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

offered permy.. what to do with ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is going to do your year end for you?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      How so?

You need professional advice on how to shut down your company. The company may not have the cash assets, but has assets worth more than enough to pay for professional advice.

Therefore, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities to sell the assets, and spend some of that money to get the advice you obviously need.

If you don't want to get professional advice, then that's clearly your choice - maybe someone will be kind enough to come along and tell you what you need to do for free. Or maybe you'll get it right anyway. Or cock it up completely.

One of those scenarios will happen. Good luck with it all.
      This is the thing, I dont know how much professional advice is - I have read £1500 just to call in a liquidator... and then up from there!
      Not sure how accurate that is.
      I owe X in Vat Y in Corp Tax Z in Misc & what is in the account just about covers all that at a push (well the with the Section 455 refund it just about covers it)

Assets is maybe £1k tops providing I can get proper value for them.

I really want avoid something that may bite me on the arse in a few years. Especially as the Permmy role is SC cleared - so do not want to risk losing that! - but I also want to have my cake & eat it by doing it cheaply as £10.

I think I will call HMRC if I get chance to clear up some things.
      They Tax dont need to be taxing.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Who is going to do your year end for you?
      <-------- This guy

Comment

Originally posted by AMH View Post
        Dont want to ask my accountant as I plan on doing it myself for as cheaply as possible.
        Prob wouldnt be enough there to pay an accountant either.
        This is the thing, I dont know how much professional advice is - I have read £1500 just to call in a liquidator... and then up from there!
        Not sure how accurate that is.
        This is your problem. It costs nothing to ASK your accountant what it would cost, regardless of whether you decide to proceed with them and PAY them to process everything correctly. And since you haven't bothered to ASK you're randomly googling for costs on a process you don't really understand.

Phone up the guy who did last years accounts and say I have this, that, and the other and I want it all closed correctly. How much? Oh that sounds a lot, why so much? Really, you have to do all that! Ok thanks.

Comment

they guy who done last years accounts is trying to bill me £250 for doing my self assessment.
          Which I find quite odd as I removed the rights for his company to submit my return 12 months ago & I received no paperwork from them except for a bill.
          So we have divorced & not talking.
          I have found the spongebob method on a business forum, which has pretty much answered my Q's

Comment

they guy who done last years accounts is trying to bill me £250 for doing my self assessment.
            Which I find quite odd as I removed the rights for his company to submit my return 12 months ago & I received no paperwork from them except for a bill.
            So we have divorced & not talking.
            I have found the spongebob method on a business forum, which has pretty much answered my Q's
            Well then. Off you go.

Why do your customers pay you so much considering they own the technology and platform that you work on? Why don't they do it themselves?

You can fill in a form for a tenner and do what you think is right.

I have a text editor for free on my laptop, doesn't mean I can code. Sure I can write the words but they won't be right.

Joined Jan 15 earning less than the permies, By end of Feb you're a qualified accountant.

JFDI

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Well then. Off you go.

Why do your customers pay you so much considering they own the technology and platform that you work on? Why don't they do it themselves?

You can fill in a form for a tenner and do what you think is right.

I have a text editor for free on my laptop, doesn't mean I can code. Sure I can write the words but they won't be right.

Joined Jan 15 earning less than the permies, By end of Feb you're a qualified accountant.

JFDI
              because its cheaper for them to outsource it than to train people.

dont need to be a qualified accountant to fill in a self assessment. Thats why its called a self assessment, so you can self assess yourself.
              my books arent complicated. I was wondering what I am supposed to do with the assets. Think I will just sell them to myself, put the money into the business account so I know there is enough there to pay any creditors I owe money to.

maybe you should read up to learn how to code. lots of guides & help out here if you look... just dont ask on this forum though.

will from next week be earning the same as the permies

then I wont need to post here again (thank god)

Comment

dont need to be a qualified accountant to fill in a self assessment. Thats why its called a self assessment, so you can self assess yourself.
                Close, but no cigar - it's called self assessment because the assessment has to be made by (or on behalf of) the individual. My parents have to fill in a self assessment every year, and having seen the piles of paperwork in the office, it's no simple task.

Think I will just sell them to myself, put the money into the business account so I know there is enough there to pay any creditors I owe money to.
                Or you could use some of that money to get a professional to do the job right for you. You run the risk of a false economy here - get it right and it's easy, get it wrong and it'll cost you a significant amount of time and money to unravel the mess up.

then I wont need to post here again (thank god)
                As with so many things, if you aren't happy with the service you receive, you should demand your money back. I'm lucky that admin has refunded the amount I've paid to CUK many times when I've not been happy with the forum responses - I'd ping him a PM and get your money back if I were you.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X