• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

inevitable question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    How you proceed depends entirely on why you think the contract is inside. If it is because a professional review (or you are an experienced enough contractor to know) says so, then you would be a fool to risk it.

If you think it is inside because your agent/accountant/wife/hamster said it was, then you probably should have the contract reviewed professionally, then make your decision. It doesn't cost a great deal and you will have the security of professional advice.
    Thanks,

I am a total ltd newbie so I had my contract reviewed by a number of accountants and according to them it is caught by IR35.

As I don't really want to operate inside IR35 for 5% more income than umbrella perhaps using brolly is the sensible option.

Comment

Originally posted by la7ush View Post
      Thanks,

I am a total ltd newbie so I had my contract reviewed by a number of accountants and according to them it is caught by IR35.

As I don't really want to operate inside IR35 for 5% more income than umbrella perhaps using brolly is the sensible option.
      Accountants may have an understanding of IR35 from an operational point of view i.e calculating the tax, but legal professionals should be consulted when determining IR35 status.

You should have your contract reviewed by QDOS or one of the other professionals. If you check the links on the right, you will find one easily enough.

You wouldn't ask your solicitor to file your accounts, would you? So why are you taking legal advice from an accountant?

Comment

Working...
      X