• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi, I just got offered my first contract. I'm scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by photomile View Post
    Despite calls from my self, Nasa Consultancy and a nudge from the client, I still don't have a contract, no electronic contract or otherwise, so in my eyes, I cannot continue working until I can sign off and get insured for the day at least!
    Phone up the agency and ask what the hell is going on. Tell them that you are going to have a chat with the client about it unless they can pull their finger out. The agency won't like looking stupid/incompetent in front of the client so that should spur them on. Telling the client you have no contract could get you marched off site though so be careful.

Originally posted by photomile View Post
    The happy news is the contract could well over-run, the bad news is that wonderful offer of overtime the recruitment consultancy made? Yeah, that was a lie. SO I think some extremely harsh words tomorrow morning.
    They lie through their teeth, that's their way of doing business. If it's not in writing then it doesn't exist. Even if it is in writing then it may or may not eventuate.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I finally have a contract, and all seems.... okay.... although they've lumped in my stuff and the stuff for nasa consultancy so it's a bit confusing what I do and don't need to send. So.. yeah interesting. Very confusing. Otherwise it looks all ok, no pressure to even opt out either!

I'll go through the contract stuff and return 'my bits' so to speak. Thanks for the help all!

More and more learned every day, dear god I see why you do it now!

Comment

Working...
      X