• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Only?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the same people they sacked last year, and who they will probably sack all over again next year.

Don't get me wrong. I've worked on a few of these 'old nuclear' sites (like Aldermaston and Harwell) and there's really nothing wrong with Sellafield per se. I enjoyed it there. When times are good they are good, and the natives are friendly. The problem is that Sellafield is at the end of the road to nowhere; the only show in town. It's like being on an island.

The NDA is a quango and gets used as a political football sometimes. When the Admirals tell the Captains to lighten ship, they are at the back of the queue to walk the plank. Contractors first :-)

Comment

Oh Dear......

Sellafield have just announced that the Mixed Oxide (MOX) fuel plant (main customer - Japan...Oops!) is to be shut down with the loss of 600 jobs, who 'may' be offered redeployment elsewhere. or then again may not.
      Although the much-vaunted future UK power stations will burn similar fuel, apparently the MOX plant is not suitable to produce it.
      However, the 'French Sellafield' (at La Hague near Cherbourg) is.
      La Hague is operated by French giant Areva, who will be a major player in building the new power stations. and also form part of the alliance which runs Sellafield.
      Things to make you go hmmmmm....

Comment

I hope it's not IT only, surely general stuff like negotiating contracts is pertinent regardless of the services/skills you offer.

I'm an accountant working on a LTD Co basis, but I'm relatively normal apart from that

Comment

Working...
        X