• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Can you be a contractor without having done a single contract?
    That would leave the OP as just being an "or"

Which begs the question - or what?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Could be a short time, could be a long time
      Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaxe21 View Post
        Hey all

Say hello to the latest contractor! BOOM!

Handed in my notice and can't wait to get started.

Looks like my permie notice will end this time in December. Have many folk managed to secure contracts so close to Xmas or is it more likely to be the new year?

Cheers

Chris
        Contract market's a total b*tch at the moment, for seasoned contractors, let alone new starters. Make sure your war chest is bulging...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Contract market's a total b*tch at the moment, for seasoned contractors, let alone new starters. Make sure your war chest is bulging...
          I think building the war chest is the best advice. I put 10 months behind me, to give me a bit of breathing space.

You say you've handed in your notice, so no pay off then?

Good luck, but be prepared to have little to no interest until you are actually free to start.

I got lucky with a couple of contractors, who used to work with me, we're on the look out, so I had no gap at all.

I know several other colleagues who went at the same time as me (I resigned, they got VR), who haven't had a sniff in the last 3 months. So they're eating into their payoff already and beginning to think that the grass isn't necessarily greener.

Don't get me wrong, personally I'm still wearing massively rose-tinted specs about contracting, but this forum reminds me that I've still yet to get my first renewal or my second gig!

Comment

Working...
          X