• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hire car expense claiming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a reference to 45 days here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/company-tax/bim47700.pdf under BM47750 but I believe this applies to businesses and not to an employee working through an umbrella company
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by arby View Post
      An update: the umbrella has reconsidered their interpretation of HMRC's guidelines as my rentals are indeed short, sporadic/occasional and I submit personal mileage reimbursements every week and so they provided tax relief on the missing 2/7s and will provide full tax relief on future rentals of the same nature. They have also acknowledged that they have not be reimbursing me the VAT as previously promised and will be reconciling that as well. So I think I'm no longer out of pocket.

I've learned a fair bit along the way and used it to create a spreadsheet where I can calculate the employer's and employee's NI as well as the PAYE due in order to check that I'm not out of pocket.

Thanks for all the help and special thanks go to Lisa for her help here, via PMs and via emails. She really went above and beyond the call of duty for me. Thank you.
      After all this i assume you will signing with Contractor Umbrella? after all Lisa corrected your present umbrellas mistake.. I wouldn't be staying put..

Comment

Working...
      X