• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I trade as a Limited Company, umbrella or composite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for accountant's...

Please use the PM facility if you want people to get in touch.
    Thanks
    Last edited by scotspine; 23 May 2007, 11:51.
    Brobi
    Promoting: Complete Contractor as they have helped me!

Comment

Quote from website
      For the moment we have limited contact details as the company is in the process of Companies House registration, sorting out an office location and development of the website

Its also one of those lovely offshore tax schemes!

I have only one comment to make ????
      Last edited by scotspine; 23 May 2007, 11:51.

Comment

Umbrella Company

I use Dasa Consulting www.dasaconsulting.co.uk and get to keep 88% of my income! Admittedly I dont earn much compared to all you guys!
        www.trottervanhire.com

Comment

Keep 88%????

Ok I went to their site and take home of 5,000 per month is around 2,700. How is that 88%? Maybe I missed something on their site.....
          Brobi

Comment

Originally posted by brobi
            Ok I went to their site and take home of 5,000 per month is around 2,700. How is that 88%? Maybe I missed something on their site.....
            Er, yes I think you missed something. I tried £5000 too and even with no expenses you get 2900, and the more expenses you have the higher the figure from what I understand
            www.trottervanhire.com

Comment

But How is that 88%

So how do you get to 88%? Using a calculator I got 88% as 4,400. I use a scheme where I claim no expenses and on the same 5,000 I get 4,300. I only pay tax on 20% of my annual income.
              Brobi

Comment

I dont think the calculator is very exact as the calculation is very specific to your own individual circumstances, but this is my result (88%)

Calculation Result
                Income before Tax £2100
                Expenses £1000
                Tax £252
                Income after Tax £1848
                www.trottervanhire.com

Comment

Originally posted by delsvan
                  Er, yes I think you missed something. I tried £5000 too and even with no expenses you get 2900, and the more expenses you have the higher the figure from what I understand
                  You realise that if you don't have receipts for those expenses then you are going to take it where the sun doesn't shine when the taxman comes calling?
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Thats the beauty of it. I have receipts for all my expenses and Dasa Consulting wont allow me to claim anything without receipts.
                    www.trottervanhire.com

Comment

Originally posted by delsvan
                      Thats the beauty of it. I have receipts for all my expenses and Dasa Consulting wont allow me to claim anything without receipts.
                      OK, assuming that the £2100 is your per week gross, are you really saying you legitimately spend £1000 a week on expenses?
                      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                      X