• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

reliable umbrella companies ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wary View Post
    FM - why do you keep removing the name of the company with which Bardhilt had problems? A great many other specifically-named companies receive severe criticism on these forums, so why should this lot get special treatment from this perspective? Have you been threatened with legal action should you host anything negative about them and you've succombed to such threats, hence depriving your members of their freedom-of-speech right to forewarn others of their bad experience with a specific company?

I think you should explain on this thread why you're happy for other companies to be specifically named but not this one.
    The mods never do anything like that without a really really good reason Wary
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      The mods never do anything like that without a really really good reason Wary
      But surely they run the risk of raising suspicions that they have a vested financial interest in this particular company, and hence are not moderating these forums as impartially as they should be. (They're certainly not moderating these forums consistently.)

I'm not saying that I personally think this; just that they run the risk that others might. This strikes me as being a "really really good reason" for wanting to set the record straight ... assuming it's not true of course.

Comment

But surely they run the risk of raising suspicions that they have a vested financial interest in this particular company, and hence are not moderating these forums as impartially as they should be. (They're certainly not moderating these forums consistently.)

I'm not saying that I personally think this; just that they run the risk that others might. This strikes me as being a "really really good reason" for wanting to set the record straight ... assuming it's not true of course.
        You could be right Wary but I doubt it's anything that interesting

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

You could be right Wary but I doubt it's anything that interesting
          So why do you think that we have this inconsistent approach whereby most companies can be openly criticised but some (or one, at least) cannot?

Comment

So why do you think that we have this inconsistent approach whereby most companies can be openly criticised but some (or one, at least) cannot?
            No idea but you could ask the mods - most of them are not too scary

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

No idea but you could ask the mods - most of them are not too scary
              I have done - see my post 4 days ago on this thread - but they have so far declined to comment. Their only response was, upon realisation that they'd still left one instance of name of the company to whom they've granted special status, was to edit this out on this thread.

Comment

What did all these conspiracy theorists do before there were internet forums?
                World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                  Hide behind grassy knolls?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    The question I've often wondered is what did all these trolls do before there were Internet forums?!?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the queries Wary, sorry for not answering this sooner but running the forum is not a full time job for either myself or any of the admins. It really is a superb place for contractors to get information and feedback about their situations but we do not have the resources to monitor all posts and also to give feedback like this so apologies for missing your initial questions about this but I just tend to skim posts like this when they are highlighted.

The post was reported by a forum user (and I know enough about the person to know they are not a brolly employee in disguise) to say that the company name was being reported. We have had legal threats from many companies where they have been mentioned so it is something we are wary of. When a post like this crops up I usually try and go back to the original poster and ask for some sort of proof as to their claims, an email trail or scanned letter etc. If these can be provided then we are happy to let threads run, if not then we do tend to either delete threads or remove company names. If company names are hidden then there is nothing stopping you using the Private Messaging system to contact the thread starter to ask who it was.

I do not know why on this occasion I did not ask the thread starter for evidence. As I said earlier, I and the other mods also have real life jobs to do and the forum is often the last on our list of priorities so I expect I was in the middle of something and the quickest thing for me once I saw the post report was to just remove the company name.

I will keep an eye on the thread so feel free to reply here or PM me if you have any more questions.

Admin

Comment

Working...
                      X