• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox 10.0.1 is out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    You are wrong. They release new versions simultaneously cross-platform; the current version for Linux is the same as for Windows and OS X, 10.0.2. Firefox 3.6 support - cross-platform - ends in April, so you might as well upgrade now rather than wait to be prompted every day then.
    Nick,

With the flavours of Linux I have come across, and I believe things like Solaris, FF doesn't prompt you to upgrade. FF upgrades come via the regular software update route of those operating systems - the equivalent of OS X's Software Update.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Nick,

With the flavours of Linux I have come across, and I believe things like Solaris, FF doesn't prompt you to upgrade.
      By the way the latest Slackware FF packages are crap and broken, which is very disappointing, but downloading and unpacking the binaries from Nightly works like a charm.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        No, I've got FF 10.0.2 here on Linux Mint. And FF works quite well on my Windows systems too. I do have plenty of RAM everywhere and I don't have all the crap pre-loaded by many OEMs on Windows either - fresh installs for me.
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You are wrong. They release new versions simultaneously cross-platform; the current version for Linux is the same as for Windows and OS X, 10.0.2. Firefox 3.6 support - cross-platform - ends in April, so you might as well upgrade now rather than wait to be prompted every day then.
        I was on 3.6.24 but after doing an update yesterday, Im on FF10 on mint as you said ....

FF on linux is always wildly different anyway. I find it unusable on windows but fine on linux.

Comment

Working...
        X