• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Go Gb Usage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Go Gb Usage

I have signed up for Sky Go so that we can have Sky in our weekend place - I currently have an internet monthly usage of 10Gb - how many hours roughly would this allow to watch tv over the internet before exceeding this allowance ?

TIA

Connecting Laptop To TV

Simple question I image for the teccie experts - what sort of cable do I need to connect my laptop to the tv (which has HDMI) so I can watch tv via the internet ?

TIA

Comment

Sky Help Forum - Sky Go data - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

So if at 1.8Mb/s, then 10GB = 12.6 hours. I think.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Simple question I image for the teccie experts - what sort of cable do I need to connect my laptop to the tv (which has HDMI) so I can watch tv via the internet ?

TIA
        Depends on the video sockets on your laptop.

If you have HDMI on your laptop, then you can just use an HDMI cable to go to the TV, for example.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Sky Help Forum - Sky Go data - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

So if at 1.8Mb/s, then 10GB = 12.6 hours. I think.
          whs

1 hour ~1 gb
          how come your so limited in your download capacity?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            what sort of cable do I need to connect my laptop to the tv (which has HDMI) so I can watch tv via the internet ?

Depends what video/audio out connections you have on the laptop. Your laptop manual should detail how to connect the laptop to a TV if it has any suitable outputs.

If there isn't a comparable input on your TV you can probably get a [whatever] to HDMI cable/converter. Sometimes it involves using the HDMI input for video then connecting a separate cable for the audio.

If you want HD output and don't have HDMI or DVI on your laptop then a USB to HDMI converter may be an option, but they're not cheap as chips.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
            X