• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC Desire Froyo on Orange

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Fingers crossed not long now...

Comment

Finally got the update. Had to make sure 3G was switched on as well as WiFi before it showed up as being available.

Since I rooted the phone I had to jump through some hoops before ClockwordMod Recovery was able to see the 1.22 update and install it - rename the downloaded file from Orange as update.zip and manually install it. On a reboot the 2.2 update was downloaded and is currently installing.

Edit: All worked perfectly, happy days.
      Last edited by Cliphead; 1 October 2010, 18:46.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Saw it was there earlier but only just had time to start. Backing up now...

Comment

All sorted. V painless. Lots of room on internal storage for more apps again

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            All sorted. V painless. Lots of room on internal storage for more apps again
            Has the phone started to crash yet?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Has the phone started to crash yet?
              Not a single problem yet. Mate on 02 was complaining about his phone being unstable but maybe Orange did well to hold the release back until sorted...

Comment

Not a single problem yet. Mate on 02 was complaining about his phone being unstable but maybe Orange did well to hold the release back until sorted...
                I've got an Xperia X10i, Sony Ericsson have delayed the upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1... Again...

Comment

HTC Desire HD has just been announced on Vodafone as well

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobi.../htc-desire-hd
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Same here, no problems at all.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X