• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acer Aspire One Boot issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of play is that the machine boots now, however the desktop (xfce) is not being displayed, just stiped lines.

I can launch a terminal and use xfce commands, but can't get it to a stable desktop after startup.

I just want to get back to the custom version of xfce desktop

Comment

Sorted it

I removed ~/.config. This has settings for the xfce.
      Reboot and bingo - all back to normal.

Comment

I installed Ubuntu NBR on my Aspire One - much better IMHO.

Just google for it and you'll find details on how to put the ISO on a USB stick using unetbootin and boot/install from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Normie View Post
          I installed Ubuntu NBR on my Aspire One - much better IMHO.

Just google for it and you'll find details on how to put the ISO on a USB stick using unetbootin and boot/install from there.
          WHS

(But first I ditched the SSD and replaced it with an HDD from an iPod )
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
          X