• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobiles again - Orange this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    It's really odd. I've used the tactic described for my last 3 upgrades with Orange and been successful every time. I know others who've experienced the same. Yet several of the people I've given this advice to seem to have a similar experience to you - ie they get told where to shove it by Orange.

I suspect that perhaps they're only allowed to give out a certain number of deals per week, or only to long-term customers, or something like that.
    In my experience with O2, it seems to depend on who you get on the phone.

When I called up a few months ago, got an old battleaxe who probably had my PAC code ready before I even called.

I tried again a few days later and got a guy who was only too happy to help.

I've also tried calling at the w/ends and you can sometimes get younger staff who are not to clued up on what you can and can't have which can work in your favour.

Comment

By the way Clippy thanks for the pointer to the Simplicity tariffs.

The current contenders (both at £20 per month) are O2 Simplicity 20 (400 mins, 1000 texts, free voice mail and C/S) or T-Mobile Just Sim 20 (40 mins, unlimited texts, charged for voice mail, free C/S).

Given my other experiences with T-mobile (see other thread) I'm inclined to give them a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
        By the way Clippy thanks for the pointer to the Simplicity tariffs.

The current contenders (both at £20 per month) are O2 Simplicity 20 (400 mins, 1000 texts, free voice mail and C/S) or T-Mobile Just Sim 20 (40 mins, unlimited texts, charged for voice mail, free C/S).

Given my other experiences with T-mobile (see other thread) I'm inclined to give them a miss.
        No problem.

Perhaps the Online 25 tariff would suit you better:
        £25/600 minutes/1000 texts which can be upgraded to unlimited texts for free - click the change bolt on link under the tariff.

Comment

Think we might try the £20 tariff to start and see how it goes. We can always change if he exceeds 1000 texts - the minutes shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

1000 texts is a lot. I would be surprised if he exceeds that! Unless he is texting everyone in his phonebook. Based on the average month (31 days) that is 32 texts a day!

Comment

Working...
            X