• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

paypal/worldpay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re: merchant account

Great I wish we could but you need to have a merchant account to do that which cost bucks.
    Cost us £250 one off fee and £20/month for processing up to 1000 transactions/quarter via Protx (www.protx.com).

If we exceed 1000 transactions in the quarter the rate goes to 6p/transaction.

Easily comparable to Worldpay charges I should say.

How can I confirm an Unconfirmed Address?

An address can become confirmed one of two ways:

1. When you add a credit card to your PayPal account, the address on file with your credit card company becomes Confirmed.

OR

2. You may confirm your address through Alternative Address Confirmation (AAC).

To qualify for AAC, you must meet the following requirements:
    Be a Verified member of PayPal
    Have been a PayPal member for more than 90 days
    Have a Community Participation buyer number of more than 10
    Be a U.S. member in good standing
    If you qualify for AAC, you will need to fax several documents to PayPal, after which we will mail a secret code to the address you are trying to Confirm. After you enter the secret code correctly into the PayPal website, your address will become Confirmed. For more information, please see our User Agreement.
    Sorry, I think I meant you should ADD a credit card to your PayPal account.

AAC obviously doesn't work for non-US members.

Comment

Lots of useful information about Nochex

greenroom.nochex.com/

Comment

RobAnt - thanks for all this info. Fortunately being here and not general it will hang around long enough for me to take up all your refernces - I'm certainly not over happy with using PayPal as a merchant partly because of the dire stories of having your account frozen but mostly because of the possible/probable loss of business because of the delays and kludgy way they do the account setup.

I'll check the nochex stuff and also the merchant you mentioned - one thing though - are you actually processing the transactions (requiring secure server which we don't have) or just shoving the whole lot across to your merchant ?

What are the complete transaction fees for low voume ?

PayPal is 20p + 3.5% (and they lie by giving the US rate of 30cents + 2.9% on some pages)

Comment

PayPal is less if you process enough transactions in a month, actually - you should check because they won't give you the lower rate unless you ask for it.

We have our own Merchant Account. We use the secure services of Mal's eCommerce (which are free) www.mals-e.com.

They offer full integration with Protx, PayPal, WorldPay, Nochex and many others.

We prefer not to process automatically via Protx, but Mal's collects the customers CC/DC data and we use the Protx Virtual Terminal.

If you pay about £6/month Mal's can be integrated invisibly into your own website (ie no Mal's logo's etc.).

Comment

re: merchant account

selling cds for about 18 months and no problems with paypal so far.

Comment

Is that on eBay or from a website ?

Do any of your punters have problems (new signups seem to have a credit limit set depending largely on the number of sunspots and whether Jupiter is in conjunction with the moon - possibly the wind direction is involved too and whether Friends is on the TV that night)

Comment

re: merchant account

from a website

Comment

Working...
                X