• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parse2.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Any chance of the code? Or are you unable to open source it? I prefer my libraries to come with source code.
    nice try. But like I said he is clever. If it was me I would of posted the code cos i is not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
      nice try. But like I said he is clever. If it was me I would of posted the code cos i is not.
      There are only two circumstances where I will use a 3rd party library in a project:-

1) It is fully commercially supported so if there is a bug or feature I need, the owning company will attend to making the changes/fix.
      2) I have the source code so I can do the above myself.

Unfortunately OHs project doesn't meet those criteria (yet).
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Who says I won't fix a bug?
        Who says I won't consider a change for a price?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
          Who says I won't fix a bug?
          Who says I won't consider a change for a price?
          There's no mention of any kind of support on your site.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Looks interesting - a few months ago I was checking out JavaCC/ANTLR etc to try and produce a Sybase TSQL parser and really didn't take to any of them. In the end I just hand crafted a parser (I know - yuk) but I really should redo it using parser generator tools (such as yours).

Anyway, shameless self promotion: http://code.google.com/p/sybaseparser/

Have you tried implementing a complex grammer such as TSQL using your tool? It would be a good test of how flexible / scalable it is.

T

Comment

Hello Trimbo,

To date I have concentrated on the use of aParse to parse messages and not put any time into trying it on a computer language. It should work for a computer language by virtue of the fact it uses a BNF grammar.

I will look into this and send you a PM when I have something more concrete to say.

OH.

Comment

Working...
              X