• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Homeplugs/wireless extenders wireless products?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy
    flac
    Thats the one!!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99
      Hi, I have a query on homeplugs/wireless extenders

I have a few wireless products at home and all perform well.

In light of a program on the Tv this week regrading the dangers of wireless connections on kids, i have decided to be proactive and remove any wireless products from the house.

My current wiress products are :
      1) 2 laptops with wireless connection
      2) 2 desktops with wireless connection
      3) 2 Philips wireless TV receiver/broadcaster
      4) Wireless ADSL router/moderm
      5) Bluetooth Moderm
      6) Xbox 360, PS3, PSP

I came across a few homeplug/wireless extenders on the net and dont seem to know if these products are actually using mains supply to extend ethernet connectivity or is it just a case that they are infact small wireless products that are mains powered

Please can anyone shed light on this. For instance will I be able to buy a NON-wireless ADSL Router and then buy these homeplugs to use for connectivity.

The main thing is that I need to know if these homeplugs are actually wireless products

cheers

css_jay99
      Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to keep your existing wireless connections and just make tinfoil hats for your children - the panorama show was absolute tripe and one sided scaremongering - besides if you remove your wireless networks - the waves from your neighbours will still come through your walls and get your family - which the tinfoil hats would also protect you against.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        There is a losless file compression method available for music but i'm suffering a mind blank atm, i'm sure one of our estemed forum members will remember the name of it though.
        Zip?

As for the original question, those wireless extenders are to extend wireless, obviously, so they do transmit and receive. I assume there's a similar thing you can get that isn't wireless, just with a Cat5 socket?

Also I'd suggest putting some wet toilet roll around your head to stop the CIA from reading your thoughts.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99
          that does definately make sence !
          Oh, all right.
          sense.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I saw an article recently claiming jumbo jets will be falling from the sky due to the uptake of these powerline ethernet adaptors and how they turn your electrical network into a big transmitter.
            All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

The Panorama program has been efficiently (IMO) debunked by the excellent badscience.net on the grounds that the 'experiments' were scientifically worthless and te engineer behind them has a lucrative sideline in expensive anti Wi-Fi devices, paints etc. Do yourself a favour and read the article before you do anything drastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
                I saw an article recently claiming jumbo jets will be falling from the sky due to the uptake of these powerline ethernet adaptors and how they turn your electrical network into a big transmitter.
                I thought the millenium bug had taken care of all the jumbo jets?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

F.U.D.

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.

A tried-and-tested tactic that works on pretty much anything.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
                    .... they turn your electrical network into a big transmitter.
                    Skynet.

Comment

Working...
                    X