• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WIn XP. Memory size recommendation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re:

Personally I have found XP extremely reliable.

Easy install and setup of everything I've needed to use - and guess what I didn't need a friggin C compiler or linker once no matter what add-on hardware I've used. Nor did I need to spend all night buggering about with strange config files full unintelligible junk 10 levels down in the file system. Maybe you linux nerds get a hard on playing about trying to make your computers work - I don't so I stick to products that just work out of the box - sadly from past experience that does not include ones with pictures of a penguin on them.

Comment

Re: XP and where to get it

Fairplay - Quite a few retailers will sell an OEM copy, but you have to prove your a system builder... this is usually done by buying a HDD at the same time.

I know this is how my company has been upgrading to XP over the last few months.

Its only really cheaper if you need more disk space... but then who with a broadband connection doesn't need a bigger drive

Comment

Working...
      X