• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 wifi dongle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 wifi dongle

I just bought a new PC that has Windows 10 on, Im running a netgear rounter and dongle wn111v2, it doesnt work and can't detect dongle googling looks like lots if probs with Window 10 and dongle. Anyone know of a wifi adapter / dongle that works with Window 10 ?

Thanks
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    I just bought a new PC that has Windows 10 on, Im running a netgear rounter and dongle wn111v2, it doesnt work and can't detect dongle googling looks like lots if probs with Window 10 and dongle. Anyone know of a wifi adapter / dongle that works with Window 10 ?

Thanks
    What language is this?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      What language is this?
      English without punctuation.

I understand it but use laptops with WiFi built in so I don't have to piss around with routers and dongles.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I suspect it's an old Wifi dongle that doesn't have modern drivers for Windows 8/10

Short answer, use the built in wifi on the laptop, if the laptop is so old it doesn't have built in wifi, do the global economy a favour and buy a nice new one.

If you don't like this option, buy another dongle.

Comment

Its a desktop PC, by the looks of it I need a new router and dongle for it to work on Windows 10, what a crock of sh×t, I did not think there would be issues like this.

Thanks

Comment

Can't you use home plugs?

HomePlug WiFi Extenders and Access Points - broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              Yeah thought of that but at the moment even I don't use wifi and put the cable into the PC it won't connect I thought it the router. I don't know alot about PC's tbh, if I ignore the wifi option should it be a cable from the telephone point into the router and then from the router to the pc or can the cable be from phone line to PC without the router ?

I did not know Win 10 was so bad with connecting to the internet I took it for granted it would just work.

I want to down grade to Win7 but no option PC came with Win 10, I got it off ebuyer you recon they might let me swap it for one with Win 7 on ? I need to sort it urgently as supposed to be wfh most of next week, my old PC died so I bought new one.

Ta

Comment

Can you edit your post so it makes sense, please? Thanks in advance.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This dongle should work with Windows 10

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post

Thanks
                    The BT ones work just buy a new wifi dongle.

I too have had problems with windows 10 I bought a nice shiny new HP laptop from Currys, it came with windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10, after a week the built-in wifi stopped working. Seems that the latest drivers broke it. Contacted HP and they said go back to windows 8.1 as they do not support windows 10 - that was in Oct - and they said new drivers are being released in November and it should work then. Well, the November updates came and it still doesn't work. Have been using BT dongle all this time. As far as Currys are concerned I have voided the warranty by upgrading it from Windows 8.1. Funnily enough a similar model I setup for my parents did not have the same problem, probably because I didn't force any driver updates, seems that the driver from July works fine and there were 2 more updates since then, but going to the Intel website I cannot for the life of me fathom out which of the many options to download and I really don't have time to fiddle around and try. Might go back to 8.1 to prove its not a hardware fault then upgrade to 10 again but stop the driver update.
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X