• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon Drinkies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Already been to Lodge in Swindon. A very pleasant evening it was too. Even if the current WM who invited me was a...

...Recruitment Consultant...
    Did you meet DP when you were there?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Did you meet DP when you were there?
      Nope, is he a Freemason?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Nope, is he a Freemason?
        He claims to be everything else.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Any chance of the Swindon contingency joining us in London some evening?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Any chance of the Swindon contingency joining us in London some evening?
            How about Reading? Half way between the two. (And very handy for me!)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              It wouldn't be called "Swindon Drinkies" then though, would it?

You could always set up a "Reading" chapter of the CUK Drinkies Club and invite Brethren from other chapters...

Oi Norra, probably when CM comes down to Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Not very for me I have a 2 hour commute back from London alone without adding on one for reading
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

STEAM Railway Co - opposite the COOP at around 6ish WEDNESDAY 09th JUNE.

I am identical to my avatar and Churchie is 12 foot tall - also he'll be tearing the wings off small children, so we'll be easy to spot

HOWEVER I will also have a copy of Computer Weekly on the table - so we can be recognised.

It will be fun - well mildly amusing... well you might smile a bit
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    STEAM Railway Co - opposite the COOP at around 6ish WEDNESDAY 09th JUNE.

I am identical to my avatar and Churchie is 12 foot tall - also he'll be tearing the wings off small children, so we'll be easy to spot

HOWEVER I will also have a copy of Computer Weekly on the table - so we can be recognised.

It will be fun - well mildly amusing... well you might smile a bit
                    We'll be here... The Steam Railway Co. - Pub Swindon

She's not joking about the Computer Weekly either...

We'll probably be outside if it's not raining or inside the "Old Bar".

Comment

I chose computer weekly, cos i'm not sure if the contractors of Swindon will recognise my Orla Kiely handbag.

(it's the red pear one if you're interested)
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X