• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to avoid paying any contributions before opting out of auto pension enrolment?"

Collapse

• franktouch
    replied
    opt out

The opt out form is provided by the pension company! So should also speak to them not just your umbrella.

Opting Out | The Pensions Regulator

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    Although you may not have someone called neil - It does seem that you have someone who has taken a new business call - and then failing to send an email in response to the call - and then not followed it up at all..
    Which is why I contacted you this morning to put it right - don't worry, if it was anyone here I will sort it out

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    Although you may not have someone called neil - It does seem that you have someone who has taken a new business call - and then failing to send an email in response to the call - and then not followed it up at all..

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    I said I thought it may have been neil but I wasn't sure.

Yes I have recieved that from him now thanks.

CH

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    I understand from my colleague Rhys that he has now spoken to you and you thought you spoke to someone called Neil - unfortunately we don't have anyone on our sales team of that name. I understand that a template payslip has now been sent to you - if you need anything else or have any questions Rhys will be more than happy to help you

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    I don't remember the chaps name I'm afraid.

Looking at my records the number I called was 01206 713 680. I called at 8.55 but the reception was bad - theso called again from a land line shortly after.

The guy I spoke to said he had taken both of my calls.

I have called back this morning and repeated the request.

It's being sent "straight away"

So will wait and see.

CH

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    I have asked around this morning and none of the team have a record of such a call - do you have the name of the person you spoke to?

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    And still waiting...

I'll call them again this morning.. but my confidence has already been shaken a little...

CH

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    ContractorUmbrella?

I called them this morning. Said I was considering joining but that I'd like to see a template payslip first. This was going to be emailed to me - 6 hours later and I'm still waiting....

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Yes of course I've asked them and if I'd had a straight answer I wouldnt have been on here asking.

It's fine though. This is the final nail in the coffin of my relationship with them. New contract next month - new umbrella.
    Oh OK - well the start date for the payroll month is the only thing I can think to give the 6th of the month as the staging date. I can suggest an excellent alternative umbrella company

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    Yes of course I've asked them and if I'd had a straight answer I wouldnt have been on here asking.

It's fine though. This is the final nail in the coffin of my relationship with them. New contract next month - new umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    But all of the staging dates on on the 1st of the month. If this has been deferred for 3 months that would be 1st of June surely.

Where does 6th June come from?

CH
    Have you tried asking your umbrella company the question? I would guess that it is because the payroll month runs from 6th of each month to the 5th of the following month - they may have chosen to start operating the scheme from the start of the new payroll month

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    But all of the staging dates on on the 1st of the month. If this has been deferred for 3 months that would be 1st of June surely.

Where does 6th June come from?

CH

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Hi Lisa,

I have read the info in this link but it doesn't contain the answer to the questions I am asking.

What I want to know is:

1) Has this date of 06/06/13 been decided by my umbrella company - or would they have had no choice at all and have been compelled by gov legislation to give me this 06/06/2013 date.

I have aksed the umbrella in question have been told that they had no choice in the matter. I find this hard to believe beause in terms of the dates I mention above the is no logical reason why I have been given the date 06/06/2013.

They say:

"We have, as allowed by law, postponed your automatic enrolment in to our Auto Enrolment pension scheme until 06/06/2013, also known as the 'deferral date'. However, if between now and then, you move from being paid monthly to being paid weekly, the deferral date will be 29/06/2013. From the 1st April 2013, you have the right to become a member of the Auto Enrolment pension scheme if you want to. "

I simply want to know who made the decision that my enrolment date had to be 06/06/2013 - because out of any day of the month this is the least convenient to me - and gives me the least chance of being able to avoid contributions.

Thanks

ChrisH
    As I said before, the Government made the decision that the staging date should be June 2013 and the Government wrote the legislation with a clause which enables all employers to defer the staging date for 3 months if they so wish. Your umbrella company have told you the truth

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    Hi Lisa,

I have read the info in this link but it doesn't contain the answer to the questions I am asking.

What I want to know is:

1) Has this date of 06/06/13 been decided by my umbrella company - or would they have had no choice at all and have been compelled by gov legislation to give me this 06/06/2013 date.

I have aksed the umbrella in question have been told that they had no choice in the matter. I find this hard to believe beause in terms of the dates I mention above the is no logical reason why I have been given the date 06/06/2013.

They say:

"We have, as allowed by law, postponed your automatic enrolment in to our Auto Enrolment pension scheme until 06/06/2013, also known as the 'deferral date'. However, if between now and then, you move from being paid monthly to being paid weekly, the deferral date will be 29/06/2013. From the 1st April 2013, you have the right to become a member of the Auto Enrolment pension scheme if you want to. "

I simply want to know who made the decision that my enrolment date had to be 06/06/2013 - because out of any day of the month this is the least convenient to me - and gives me the least chance of being able to avoid contributions.

Thanks

ChrisH
    Last edited by chrisk; 4 March 2013, 14:39. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X