• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Discussion with my MP"

Collapse

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by pjt View Post
    As I've already stated we are turkeys waiting on Christmas!
    Just to a note for those turkeys counting on ER in the near future. My American clients have the day after Georgie's statement off. It's Thanksgiving.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Well, 9 December for the draft clauses in Finance Bill 2016. Frankly, I'd be surprised (and a little worried ) to see any clauses w/r to a revised IR35 in FB 2016, let alone that draft (T&S may be though).
    Sorry - yep not IR35 but T&S

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That they drafted clauses for a revised IR35 before December 9 without any consultation? I think that's self-explanatory. It's not totally implausible if they're going to do something "simple" without consultation, but it's highly unlikely. We can only wait. I'd be stunned, as someone that follows the legislative process quite carefully. YMMV.
    I hope you are right.

It is my opinion that HMRC run the government. HMRC already know what clauses they want. A bit like retrospection in 2008.

Its interesting that Labour refused to engage with IPSE before the election. So contractor Tory vote seemed the only choice left. But we have been stiffed.

But, I hope you are right.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why would you be surprised / worried ?
    That they drafted clauses for a revised IR35 before December 9 without any consultation? I think that's self-explanatory. It's not totally implausible if they're going to do something "simple" without consultation, but it's highly unlikely. We can only wait. I'd be stunned, as someone that follows the legislative process quite carefully. YMMV.

ps. I'd be worried even for a later draft of FB 2016, although that is considerably more likely than December 9.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Well, 9 December for the draft clauses in Finance Bill 2016. Frankly, I'd be surprised (and a little worried ) to see any clauses w/r to a revised IR35 in FB 2016, let alone that draft (T&S may be though).
    Why would you be surprised / worried ?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Yep you got it Nothing set in stone as yet - we'll get the basics and some guidance in the press notices following the Autumn Statement on Wednesday and then the actual legislation will be published 9th December (I think)

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Stupid question - Autumn Statement due on Wed still? And we may get more information in there?

Yep you got it Nothing set in stone as yet - we'll get the basics and some guidance in the press notices following the Autumn Statement on Wednesday and then the actual legislation will be published 9th December (I think)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    It was a consultation over the summer - any changes to legislation will be in the Finance Bill to be published 9th December I think
    Stupid question - Autumn Statement due on Wed still? And we may get more information in there?

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by dmini View Post
    I've just gone through the finance bill from the summer and cannot find a mention of us losing Travel/Subsistence. I know it was in the white papers etc. Was there another bill that completed from the spring budget that I cannot find? The finance bill contains no mention that I can find - and we only had one finance bill as far as I can see.
    It was a consultation over the summer - any changes to legislation will be in the Finance Bill to be published 9th December I think

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    I've just gone through the finance bill from the summer and cannot find a mention of us losing Travel/Subsistence. I know it was in the white papers etc. Was there another bill that completed from the spring budget that I cannot find? The finance bill contains no mention that I can find - and we only had one finance bill as far as I can see.

Leave a comment:

• javadude
    replied
    I was thinking about meeting mine too. Based on my experience with BN66 he's a bit of a waste of space that will just toe the party line but it's worth a try. I'm waiting until after Wednesday though.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    My understanding is T&S will be lost for both inside and outside of IR35 come next year as each gig will be counted as your permanent place of work.

Need to wait for Autumn Statement and it's details to be sure
    Ok we can maybe take travel out of the list... lets see next week!

[placeholder for travel if it survives AS 25 Nov], computer costs, subsistence, direct training, sub contractors, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Mine is Michael Bleeding Gove ferchrissakes. More Muppetry one cannot imagine...
    Why not set up a meeting with him and the CUK massive can turn up.....

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Mine is Michael Bleeding Gove ferchrissakes. More Muppetry one cannot imagine...

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    Managed to see my MP about the T&S changes and the noises coming out about IR35 changes.

It may not achieve anything at all, but at least I have tried.
    Well done for doing that. Better than nothing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X