• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any Magento experts?"

Collapse

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    WHS

Except I keep thinking X-Men

I wanted to do an x men joke!!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I keep reading this as "magneto".

Which is a bit strange really, since I don't know much about magnetos either.
    WHS

Except I keep thinking X-Men

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    That is an identical symptom to what happens if your host bars use of .htaccess.

Not saying that's what it is, but worth a check....

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    And there was me thinking you were tinkering with a very old car.......

Can't help with this thing of which you speak - but Happy Birthday anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It's your birthday - stop working and go for a walk!
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    DO AS MUDSKIPPER SAYS - remember YOLO
    Gotta get this done

Nearly there, now that it's all up and running I can fix the main problem I'm looking at then make the changes to the live site. Then relax...

Besides this is fun, still can't believe people pay me to do this

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    DO AS MUDSKIPPER SAYS - remember YOLO

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I need to copy a Magento site to run locally for some dev and testing. So far I've copied the files and imported the database, changed;

web/unsecure/base_url
    web/secure/base_url

To point to the local IP address.

The front page of the site works perfectly but every link throws a 404 and no access to the backend.

mod_rewrite is enabled and the .htaccess is identical to the live version. Can't quite figure out what's going wrong, any help appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Any Magento experts?

Any Magento experts?

I need to copy a Magento site to run locally for some dev and testing. So far I've copied the files and imported the database, changed;

web/unsecure/base_url
    web/secure/base_url

To point to the local IP address.

The front page of the site works perfectly but every link throws a 404 and no access to the backend.

mod_rewrite is enabled and the .htaccess is identical to the live version. Can't quite figure out what's going wrong, any help appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed it.
    Last edited by Cliphead; 22 December 2013, 09:58.

Working...
X