• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting a Speaker from Google / Facebook / Amazon"

Collapse

• edison
    replied
    Ha ha!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Wir...5898900&sr=1-4

This is from Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Last consultancy I worked at does a lot of work with AWS, I can put you in touch or would you prefer to go direct?
    Want to go direct, as this is a bit of a political exercise, going via a 3rd party would water down the message.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Does your client already use any services from those companies? If so, then you may already have a relationship with them and perhaps an Account Manager so you could approach them.

I attended an event at my last company where the E-Commerce team had some senior guys from Facebook come to present at their team meeting. It probably helped that the company has one of the biggest e-commerce websites in the UK

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Anyone know how one would arrange a visit / talk from someone from one of the big internet companies, want to talk about managing v-large horizontally scaled infrastructures on commodity tin???
    Last consultancy I worked at does a lot of work with AWS, I can put you in touch or would you prefer to go direct?

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    PM me, I have some contacts at Google Enterprise and they'd be very happy to sell those ideas and services.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Google and Amazon will probably tell you to host it on their kit/cloud

I presume you're willing to pay... have a look and see who's churned out a few articles on the subject and seems to be well respected and try them

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Contact their media relations departments.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Sent them a tweet?

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    started a topic Getting a Speaker from Google / Facebook / Amazon

Getting a Speaker from Google / Facebook / Amazon

Anyone know how one would arrange a visit / talk from someone from one of the big internet companies, want to talk about managing v-large horizontally scaled infrastructures on commodity tin???

Working...
X