• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bluetooth Mouse

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bluetooth Mouse"

Collapse

• BigRed
    replied
    I like one of these. Folds flat and has tiny dongle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Ar...rc+touch+mouse

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I've never felt the need for a non wired mouse, they do the same job are less likely to go wrong and usually have better response times

And if you do any gaming, wireless is horrible

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I for one appreciate the update. For now I'll stick with my Logitech wireless (with dongle which I know you didn't want). Superb battery life (about a year), flawless operation, no disconnects. I have two of these in close proximity for 2 separate PCs and neither interferes with the other.

IMHO you seem to be prepared for a lot of hassle just to avoid the small sticky out bit on a USB port.

Pls let us know how you get on with the MS mouse.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Targus mouse has gone: Main probs with the it were:
    • Occasional disconnections requiring me to go messing in the Bluetooth settings
    • Right button never seemed to work properly
    • Mouse action would occasionally go very jerky if left unused for more than about 10 minutes
    • Battery life was a bit crap although that might be a common feature of all Bluetooth mice

It has been superseded by this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The blue windows logo is a button with up and down swipe action.
    First impressions are:
    • Nice size and feels very comfortable
    • Silky smooth when being pushed around the desk (no mousemat)
    • Connected very easily
    • So far it works flawlessly
    • It vibrates to confirm a swipe action
    • Separate on/off switch and BT reconnect button (The Targus had a single button which had to be held for a set number of seconds to turn on/off or reconnect and then some flashing lights. Bit of a ball ache really)
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 5 November 2013, 18:58.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Not bluetooth (unless it's on a Mac!), but I've had the Evoluent VerticalMouse recommended from a posture point of view.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Its going back! Mouse was too small for me. Wrist was in pain after only 2 hours and it still hurts now!

ordered one of these which should be here today:Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Its a full size BT mouse
    This one is much better and definitely a keeper. Only bad thing is the lack of a back button.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Get an Apple Magic Mouse. And a Mac with it...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Its going back! Mouse was too small for me. Wrist was in pain after only 2 hours and it still hurts now!

ordered one of these which should be here today:Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Its a full size BT mouse

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your BT mouse. Nice idea to avoid the (even nano) dongle.
    Mouse turned up yesterday.

It works perfectly. Paired it without any fuss and it's automatically reconnected after restarts and sleeping. The drivers installed automatically so the extra button is mapped to the back button on the browser.
    The mouse has its own off switch which is nice
    The Laser is the invisible type
    In terms of performance it is no different from a regular wireless mouse

The only downside is that it is a bit on the small size. This is definitely a portable laptop mouse. If you don't like using a small mouse then think twice

Here is picture of my old "nano" dongle sticking out of the side of my laptop.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2010.52.05.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    That one is wireless not bluetooth
    True. This underlines how useless my reply was since you've already ordered one anyway.

I've had problems with Logitech mice in the past, generally the drivers seem to go haywire and start behaving erratically.
    Oh I've not seen that recently but I use the standard windows drivers not special Logitech ones. But many years agom yes I agree.

MS mice on the other hand have all been fine
    I agree that MS is a good choice. Recently I've felt that Logitech have the ergonomic edge.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your BT mouse. Nice idea to avoid the (even nano) dongle.

EDIT: although the number and nature of 1-Star reviews would have stopped me purchasing.
    Last edited by Platypus; 16 May 2013, 09:39.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I have the Logitech M525 which I bought recently in preference to the MS mouse. I'm delighted with it.
    That one is wireless not bluetooth.

I've had problems with Logitech mice in the past, generally the drivers seem to go haywire and start behaving erratically.

MS mice on the other hand have all been fine although my current one has been bashed around in my bag a bit too much and it close to dying hence the change.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I have the Logitech M525 which I bought recently in preference to the MS mouse. I'm delighted with it.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Ordered one of these last night:
    Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    On my laptop I have a Dell BT travel mouse. Small and works just fine and even with my big hands it is comfortable.

At home I have a Logitech M570 trackball.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Why Bluetooth?

I have the Microsoft Arc mouse and its very good once you get the feel of it, and the transmitter is so small now a days I leave it connected all the time
    I have a microsoft wireless mouse at the moment with the nano dongle but it still sticks out and annoyingly catches on the laptop bag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X